Friday, October 8, 2010

Re-creating Bad Ad




Re-doing this ad was kind of hard for me to start because I didn't really know where to start on the ad. I really found it hard to get up and going on my feet. After I plotted some ideas down, I found it easier to start because I deleted and added things as they came to my mind. The colors were hard to also pick out because I wasn't sure if they always matched the colors that were in the pictures. When I started, I knew that I wanted to make the top centered align because thats the type of ad I like. The hard part of that was picking how to do the text because I wasn't sure on if I should make it center aligned also. I decided against this and put it all on the right side. The border was another idea that I added at the end because the ad felt like it had too much blank space left.  Overall, I think the hardest part of the ad was starting to re-create the ad because I didn't have an idea to jump right into. Also finishing was hard because I wasn't sure if it looked okay and if it needed more ideas to go alone with it.

picture from:  http://getsetimagine.com/images/colonial_drummer_with_color_2cr4.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment Erin!
    I really like your ad as well! I think the picture is adorable and I like how the colors of the fonts tie back to the picture, it makes the ad look well planned and colorful! The only thing i would change is the font sizes. They are all a little small. Clearly the title is larger than everything else but it could be bigger! The same for all of the other text, i think everything could be a little larger. I think the larger the font, the easier to read (but not too big!). Other than the font sizes i think this looks great! Nice job! :)
    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I like the alignment you used for this design. It's simple and easy to follow. I also like how the colors you chose for the words match the picture, this ties everything together. I think putting the most important information (address and time) at the top was a good idea. This way, anyone who just scans the ad will remember where and when it is. The only thing you could have changed was making the "7th annual" bigger. This would have drawn the readers eyes more to the title of the ad. Good job!
    -Hadley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,
    I really like the colours and image your chose for this ad, as well as the simple, yet effective boarder. The colours of with ad work well together, and the boarder is fitting for event and also removes excess white space from the page. One thing I would change would be the titles heading each section. While the colour and text work well, I would choose a different for face (perhaps the one you used in the title?) rather than repeating the font and underlining it. Overall you did a really good job redesigning the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erin,

    I think you did a great job with this project. I like your organization, specifically your headings for the smaller information and the separation between the title and the body by changing alignments. I also like your addition of color into the ad, and the consistency of color between the title and the image of the soldier. One thing that bothers me a little is the extra space between "Featuring!" and "Ticket Prices!" in comparison to the space between "TIcket Prices!" and "For More Information...". I also think that "7th Annual" could have either been removed or made bigger because it looks a little out of place. Over all, I really like your redesigned ad. Nice work!

    -Sp

    ReplyDelete